The instructions about eyelash extensions aftercare will be given by the artist and should follow them as closely as possible. The artist should be available to answer all of the questions related to the healing and aftercare process and help in case something goes wrong. Here is a complete guide about lash extension aftercare rules must read.
What Does Eyelash Extensions Aftercare Involve?
The 5 top eyelash extension aftercare rules that should consider post-treatment are as.
1. Avoid Water Contact
After application avoids taking a shower, or washing the eyes or eyelash extensions for the first 2 days.
After the first 2 days, must clean the eyes and eyelash extensions. If you do not wash the extensions after 42 hours, residue will start to build up around the eyelash line and lead to eye infections and other eye problems.
Every morning, brush your eyelash extension tips with a soft bristle brush to keep them looking good.
4. Avoid Oil-Based Products
Avoid applying any oil-based products near to eyes or eyelash extensions. Must check your products before using them, especially eye creams and eye makeup removers.
5. Be Careful With Eye Makeup Products
You will also need to skip eye makeup products like mascara or eyeliner. If anyone wants to wear mascara or eyeliner then they must be waterproof.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare Entail
The aftercare process can determine the success of the treatment. You must religiously follow the instructions given by the eyelashes extensions artist. All eyelash extension types have the same aftercare rules. Here are the dos and don’ts of the eye lash extensions aftercare process.
Do And Don’ts After Eyelash Extensions:
- Must follow the aftercare instructions for better results.
- Must clean the eyelash extensions with lash foam cleanser.
- Gently brush the eyelash tips in the morning.
Not To Do
- Don’t pick and touch the lashes after extensions.
- Avoid sleeping on the stomach side, it might crush the eyelashes.
- Do not use lash curlers because they can damage lash extensions or pull them out.
Eyelash Extensions Cost
Eyelash extensions cost depends on some factors. It varies from location to location, person to person, and also due to lash extensions artists. The cost of eyelash extensions can range from $100 to $300, with refills costing around $50 to $150.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare Rules
Here are some basic aftercare instructions for lash extensions.
- After application must avoid water contact with eyelashes for up to the first 2 days.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the eyes or eyelash extensions.
- Must clean the lashes with eyelash foam cleanser.
- Must brush the eyelash tips in the morning.
- Don’t use oil-based products on the lashes after the procedure.
Why Lash Aftercare is Crucial?
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your lash extensions by avoiding dirt, residue, and body oils will result in optimal lash retention.
- Your eyelashes will appear flawless between touch-up appointments.
- You won’t have to worry about getting a full set all over again since you’ll lose fewer lashes.
- Your eyebrows and follicles will remain healthy.
Eyelash Extensions Last
The eyelash extensions usually last about 3 to 4 weeks, but they can last 6 to 8 weeks if properly taken care of them. If anyone wants to get rid of lash extensions they can easily remove eyelash extensions at home.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare – Main Takeaways
Eyelash extensions give a longer and fuller look to lashes. Must follow the lash extensions aftercare properly for better results. To keep the result longer, must brush the tips of the extensions daily, clean them, and avoid oil-based products that could make them fall out sooner or damage the natural lashes too.
If you want to read more about lash extensions. Click the following
FAQs About Lash Extension Care
Here are some most frequently asked questions are following as:
1. How To Shower With Eyelash Extensions?
Use a gentle, oil-free cleanser and a soft brush to clean your lashes, and be careful not to rub or pull on the extensions. Also, avoid using hot water and instead use lukewarm water. After washing, gently pat your lashes dry with a clean towel, and avoid using any heavy or oily products near the extensions.
2. Can I Wash My Eyelash Extensions After 24 Hours?
Yes, you can wash your eyelash extensions after 24 hours, but it’s essential to be gentle and avoid getting water directly on the extensions. When showering with eyelash extensions, it is crucial to avoid getting water directly on them for the first 24-48 hours after calling them applied.
3. Can You Get Eyelash Extensions Wet?
Yes, you can get eyelash extensions wet, but ensure that the adhesive used to attach the extensions has enough time to set and bond properly with your natural lashes.
4. Are There Any Over-The-Counter Products I Can Use To Help With Lash Aftercare?
Yes, there are over-the-counter products that can help with eyelash extension care. Some popular options include:
- Lash serum: These products are designed to promote the growth and health of your lashes. They typically contain ingredients like biotin, panthenol, and keratin.
- Lash conditioner: Similar to hair conditioners, lash conditioners help to moisturize and nourish lashes. They may contain ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, and glycerin.
- Mascara sealant: This type of product is used to seal and protect lash extensions, helping them to last longer. It is typically applied after mascara.
- Oil-free makeup remover: It is important to use an oil-free makeup remover when cleansing the area around your lash extensions, as oil can weaken the bond of the adhesive.
Always read the label to see what’s in the product, and if you’re unsure, talk to your lash technician or an esthetician before applying anything to your lash extensions.