What Is Keratin Lash Lift?
A keratin lash lift is a cure that quickly enhances the lashes by lifting them, curling them into a fascinating structure that opens up the eyes, and optionally tinting them into a darker shade. It’s an easy therapy that takes about an hour and offers you around 6-8 weeks of better lashes.
Keratin Lash Lift Process
On average, the complete process which commonly includes a lash tint in addition to the lift lasts between 45 to 60 minutes. Your keratin eyelash lift is done by an esthetician or lash expert. The specific method varies from place to place and person to person, however, the under steps explain the fundamental method of what you can expect.
Step 1: Consults
When you arrive for your session, the lash technician will first examine your lashes before starting your keratin lashlift. They will choose a suitable rod based on the length and place a convex silicone pad on it. The lashes will be pulled onto the pad and held in place.
Step 2: Cleaning
The technician will instruct you to lie down on a bed and will use a mild cleanser to remove all makeup and oil remnants from your lashes. Your lashes must be completely cleansed for the solution to be absorbed evenly.
Wearing eye makeup to your session will aid your lash technician. To be safe, avoid wearing makeup for a day or two before your keratin eyelash lift treatment.
Step 3: Lower Lashes Covered With Patch
Your lower lash line will cover with a patch to prevent injury.
Step 4: Placing The Rod And Applying The Lashes
Until the therapy is completed close your eyes and keep them closed.
After that, a silicone rod will be attached to your top eyelid, right above the lash line. The lash technician will adhere your lashes onto the rod with a very minimal quantity of adhesive, separating and spreading them out evenly throughout the rod with a special tool.
Step 5: Lifting Formula Applying
The eyelashes will be coated in the lash-lifting product. Some technicians like to cover the lashes in cling wrap to produce moderate heat, which increases the efficiency of the Keratin solution.
Apply the solution for a specific duration, ranging from 10-20 minutes, depending on the product formulation and the thickness of your lashes. It is essential that you keep your eyes closed during this time. Afterward, wash your lashes using a cotton pad and q-tips.
Step 6: Tinting Optional
You can get both keratin lash lift and tint if you want to darken your lashes and make them stand out more. A tinting mix is applied and kept on for roughly 15 minutes.
Step 7: Removing The Rod And Cleaning The Lashes
Finally, the eyelashes have been cleaned. the silicone rod and the shield that was shielding your bottom lashes are taken off. The treatment is complete; you may now open your eyes.
Does It Hurt?
Keratin lash lift is a pain-free procedure. Some people find discomfort in sitting with their eyes closed for a long time, but it’s best to keep your eyes closed during your procedure. Overall, a keratin eyelash lift doesn’t cause discomfort and you won’t experience any pain after your appointment.
Keratin Is Good For Eyelashes?
Yes, keratin is good for eyelashes. The benefits of keratin for lashes are following.
- Keratin has been used in the cosmetic industry for decades but it is truly beneficial to your lashes.
- Keratin is good for your lashes, in a nutshell. Keratin is a protein that strengthens and conditions the hair, including the lashes.
- In addition to lash lifts, keratin may also be present in lash conditioners and serums.
- Keratin has conditioning and nourishing characteristics that aid in the maintenance of healthy lashes.
- It accomplishes this by assisting in the healing of damage and protecting the lashes from additional injury.
Reasons To You Choose Keratin Lash Lift
Keratin lash lifts are a modern variant of traditional lash lifts, with several enhancements that make this type of therapy worthwhile. The keratin-based solution used in a keratin eyelash lift, For example, is gentler on the lashes and helps to nourish and strengthen them.
This means there is less possibility of overprocessing and fracture. This is especially if you have very thin or dry lashes that require special care. Keratin eyelash lifts are also popular because they produce more natural results. This is due to the keratin-based solution utilized, which helps to maintain the lashes healthily and shine. A keratin eyelash Lift is a preferable option if you want a natural-looking lash lift that is gentle on your lashes.
Pros And Cons
- Long-lasting results: The effects of a Keratin Lash Lift can last up to 8-12 weeks.
- Low maintenance: Unlike eyelash extensions, a Lash Lift requires little to no maintenance.
- Natural-looking: A Lash Lift gives a natural-looking lift to the lashes, rather than the dramatic look of extensions.
- Safe for sensitive eyes: The Keratin solution used in the treatment is safe for people with sensitive eyes.
- Expensive: Lash Lifts can be more expensive than other lash enhancement treatments.
- May cause irritation: Some people may experience mild irritation or redness after the treatment.
- May not be suitable for all lashes: A Lash Lift may not work as well for people with naturally straight or sparse lashes.
- Those with extremely short lashes cannot expect to be able to have this done.
Can You Wear Mascara After Getting A Keratin Lash Lift?
With a Keratin Lash Lift, mascara is optional but can help enhance the results. The primary goal of a keratin eyelash lift is to provide curl, lift, and volume to your lashes. This implies you might not need as much mascara as you typically would.
If you obtain a tint when you have a keratin eyelash lift, you won’t need to apply mascara. Wait 24 hours after your keratin treatment before applying mascara, as this will give the keratin solution time to fully set. You should also only use water-based mascara and avoid formulations with oil.
Keratin Lash Lift Vs Regular Lash Lift
A Keratin eyelash Lift is a lash lift that uses a keratin-based solution to lift and curl the lashes. This lift nourishes and conditions lashes, potentially resulting in a longer-lasting lift.”
On the other hand, a regular lash lift uses a different type of solution (not keratin-based) to lift and curl the lashes. Both types of charge enhance the appearance of lashes by giving them a lifted and curled look, but the keratin lift also benefits the health of the lashes.
Aftercare For Keratin Lash Lift
The aftercare instructions are as:
- Maintain Dryness during the First 48 Hours.
- Avoid using oil-based products.
- Skip the Eyelash Curler.
- Try Not to Touch.
How Long Does Keratin Lash Lift Last?
A keratin lash lift typically lasts 6-8 weeks. However, the longevity of the treatment can vary depending on factors such as the natural growth cycle of the lashes and the aftercare provided by the individual.
Keratin Lash Lift Cost
The cost of a keratin lift can vary depending on the location and the salon or spa you go to. On average, the cost can range from $50 to $150. It’s best to check with the specific salon or spa you’re interested in visiting for their current pricing.
Does It Have Any Negative Sides Or Risks?
There are some potential risks and side effects associated with keratin eyelash lift, including:
- Eye irritation or redness.
- Swelling of the eyelids.
- Loss or damage to natural lashes.
- Allergic reactions to the keratin or other ingredients in the solution.
- Over-processing can cause the lashes to become brittle or break.