A lash lift gone wrong can mean disappointing final results or more serious side effects of lash lift. Here is a complete guide about how to avoid and fix it, must read it.
What is Lash Lift?
A lash lift is a cosmetic procedure in which the eyelashes are curled and lifted up with the help of chemicals. In the case of lash lifts, they are also colored into a darker shade. No fake extensions are needed in this procedure and work with natural eyelashes, making them look longer and fuller. If people want to get a lash lift at home then they must be aware of all steps and also follow them carefully.
Lash Lift Gone Wrong
Clients consider their lash lift gone wrong if the final results were not what they wanted and they feel like a waste of money. Here are the most common scenarios that can cause unsatisfactory final results.
1: Lash Lift Did Not Work
When lashes remain straight and the curl is very slight or non-existent.
- Lashes were not cleaned properly before the treatment and the chemicals could not do their magic. The artist should have cleaned them more thoroughly.
- The low-quality products were used.
- The artist did something wrong. They may have removed the chemicals too soon.
- The client messed up the aftercare instructions.
2: Lashes Are Over Curled
The procedure worked too well. Eyelashes look too curled and unnatural.
- This is the lash artist’s fault. If they leave the perming solution on the lashes for too long, the over curl happens. Artists must need to know how to use the products they work with.
- If the artist is untrained and did not aware of the chemicals properly.
Reasons For Lash Lift Gone Wrong Happen
There are main 4 reasons that cause the lash lift to go wrong are:
1. Untrained Artist
The lash artist must be well-trained to give a great final look. If an artist did not have a few years of experience then should not be able to give satisfying results to clients.
2. Selection Of Artist Based On Price
In the case of the lash lift procedure, cheap means the artist either is not the best or well trained and therefore is not able to charge an average cost or above.
3. Did Not See The Previous Work Of The Artist
Without seeing the lash artist’s previous work before the day of the appointment is the main reason for the lash lift going wrong. Before booking the appointment must see the lash artist’s previous work and also see their salon reviews.
4. Uncomfortable Feeling When Meeting The Artist
Try to make a friendly relationship with the lash artist when meeting with him for the first time. Because of this, you will feel comfortable and at ease during the treatment and easily discuss volume, pigment shade, and more.
How To Avoid Lash Lift Gone Wrong?
There are some ways by which you can avoid lash lift gone wrong are as:
- Choose your lash artist carefully.
- Do not let the price be the primary factor.
- Tell them about your allergies and must do a patch test.
- Must keep your eyes closed during the procedure.
- Follow the lash lift aftercare instructions properly so you don’t ruin the results.
Lash Lift Gone Wrong – Main Takeaways
The lash lift is an affordable and simple procedure, so many people love it and many beauty salons offer it. It is a pretty safe procedure in general, and there is nothing to worry about if you go to a certified lash artist who knows what they are doing and follows their aftercare instructions advice.
But keep in mind that there are certain eyelash lift risks more serious than unsatisfactory results like allergic reactions, irritations, and damage to your eyelashes or also your eyes. Still, everything should be fine as long as your artist has skills and must keep your eyes closed during the treatment.
If you want to read more about short lashes. Click the following
1. What Are The Signs Of A Bad Lash Lift?
Here are a few signs that your lash lift growing out weird:
- Your lashes appear uneven or patchy, with some lashes lifted more than others.
- Your lashes appear over-curled or too straight, not giving you the desired look.
- Your lashes appear damaged, with breakage or excessive shedding.
- Your eyes are irritate, red, or swollen after the procedure.
- Your lashes look unnatural and you are not happy with the overall results.
- Your lashes are not holding their curl and falling flat.
- Your lashes appear to be uneven in length or thickness.
- Your lashes look too short or too long, not giving you a natural look.
- Your eyes are sensitive and painful after the procedure.
- Your lashes appear to be over-processed or burnt.
2. How Long Does A Lash Lift Last?
A lash lift typically lasts between 6 to 8 weeks. The lift duration depends on your lashes’ health and growth cycle. After the procedure, the lashes will continue to grow, and the lift will gradually start to lose shape.
It is important to note that a lash lift is not a permanent solution, and the results will eventually fade. To maintain the lift, you must schedule regular appointments with your technician. You should also take good care of your lashes by avoiding rubbing them, using oil-free makeup removers, and using an eyelash growth serum if desired.
Remember that everyone’s lashes are different, so that the lift duration may vary from person to person. The technician will advise you on how long it will last for you based on your lashes.
3. What Should I Do If I Have Had A Bad Eyelash Lift And Tint?
If you have messed up lashes and tint and are not satisfied with the results, take the following steps:
- Contact the technician: It is essential to reach out to the technician who performed the procedure as soon as possible. Explain the issues you are experiencing and ask for their advice on how to fix them.
- Follow aftercare instructions: Make sure that you are following the technician’s aftercare instructions to avoid any further complications or damage.
- Give it time: Sometimes, the results of a bad eyelash lift and tint may take some time to become apparent. Give it a few days to see if the issues you are experiencing improve.
- Be careful with future procedures: Before you consider any future eyelash lift and tint or any other beauty treatment, make sure to do proper research, read reviews, and visit an experienced and reputable technician.
4. Can An Eyelash Perm Gone Wrong Cause Any Long-Term Damage?
An eyelash perm gone wrong can cause some damage, although it is generally not long-term lash lift results. The most common issues are over-curling, uneven curls, and damage to the lashes. This can lead to breakage, shedding, and a loss of length and volume in the lashes.
5. How To Fix Over Curled Lash Lift At Home?
To fix over processed bad lash lifting at home, gently massage the lashes with a clean spoolie brush or an eyelash comb to loosen the curl. You can also apply a small amount of oil, such as coconut or castor oil, to the lashes to help straighten them out.
Be gentle and do not apply too much pressure or tug on the lashes, as this can cause damage or breakage. If the lashes are still too curled after trying these methods, it may be best to wait for the lift to wear off naturally or seek professional assistance to correct them.
6. How Common Are Allergic Reactions To Lash Lifts?
It is not clear how common lash lift allergic reactions are. However, note that any chemical treatment or procedure has the potential to cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. It’s also important to let your aesthetician know if you have any known allergies or sensitivities before getting a lash lift.