If you decided to have a powder brows procedure, keep in mind that the powder brows aftercare is a big part of how successful it will turn out. The instructions about powder brows aftercare will be given by your artist, and you should follow them as closely as possible.
One of the most popular semi-permanent makeup processes is powder brows. In this procedure, the beauty artist uses a pen-like tool to insert ink or pigment into the area of your eyebrow’s skin.
The treatment gives your brows a powdered and misty look. Before powder brows aftercare, you need to know in detail about powder brows.
Powder Brows Aftercare Last
While the healing process period lasts 4 to 6 weeks, you don’t need to follow the aftercare routine tips that long. The first 12 days are crucial and you have to be more careful with your freshly done powder brow.
After that, you can relax, but you should still be careful not to damage your final results.
Powdered Brows Healing
The powder brows healing process usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. This varies from patient to patient and might depend on several factors and on skin texture. Naturally, some people heal faster than others.
If you notice your powder brows are not healing well and the micro-wounds take too much time to close up, contact your artists rapidly and be concerned about this. Here is a complete guide about powder brows healing must read.
Basic Rules of Powder Brows Aftercare
There are basic rules about powder brow aftercare in the following:
- Don’t touch, scratch, or rub the brows.
- Avoid makeup and do not pick the scabs.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your face.
- Avoid sun exposure and work out.
- Protect your eyebrows from dirt and dust.
- No saunas, swimming pools, or long hot baths.
- For the first 10 days must keep your hair pulled back from your face.
- After 12 days, once the area has healed completely, apply sunblock to avoid UV rays.
Powder Brows Aftercare Types
There are two types by which you can treat your powder brows are following:
The wet healing routine has several steps that are following:
- Wash your eyebrows gently with sterile water.
- Dry them by blotting them with a clean cotton pad.
- Apply a thin layer of ointment.
For dry healing, there are 2 steps are following:
- This implies washing your eyebrows gently and then drying them, but the ointment is excluded.
- The second one you need to stay away from water and wait for your brows to heal naturally.
Powder Brows Aftercare Ointment
Aquaphor is most commonly used for powder brow healing. When in doubt about what ointment to use, ask your artist. They should know which ointment gives the best results for their clients. Your powder brows artist will probably recommend a cream based on glycerin and panthenol.
1. Is It Possible To Adjust Or Correct Healed Powder Brows After The Initial Procedure?
It is possible to adjust or correct healed powder brows after the initial procedure. The artist performs the powder brows procedure in two or more sessions, starting with the initial procedure, and then scheduling touch-ups. This approach ensures the achievement of the desired shape, colour, and density of the brows. Typically, the artist schedules the touch-up sessions 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure, during which they can make adjustments or corrections if necessary.
2. Are There Any Specific Products That I Should Avoid During Ombre Powder Brows Aftercare?
During the healing process of ombre powder eyebrows, avoid certain products that can cause irritation or fade the pigment.
Avoid scrubs, acids, and other exfoliating products for at least two weeks after the procedure, as they can cause irritation and fading of the pigment.
3. When Can I Wash My Eyebrows After Ombre?
After getting an ombre powder brow, Avoid getting the treated area wet or applying any products to it for at least 24-48 hours. This allows the pigment to set and heal properly. After the first 24-48 hours, gently cleanse the area with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water, and dry it with a clean towel.
4. How Can I Tell If My Ombre Brows Are Healing Correctly During The Different Stages?
During the ombre brows healing, it is important to pay attention to the colour, scabbing, and overall healing of the area. Here are some things to look out for during the ombre brows healing stages:
- The area will be red and swollen, and the colour will appear darker than the final result. This is normal and will subside in a few days.
- The area will start to scab and may itch. It is important to resist the urge to scratch or pick at the scabs as this can cause scarring and loss of pigment.
- The scabs will start to flake off and the colour will start to lighten. This is normal and the final colour will not be visible until the healing process is complete.
- The area should be fully healed and the final colour will be visible. If you are unhappy with the colour or shape, it is best to wait at least 6-8 weeks before making any touch-up appointments.
5. When Can I Wear Makeup After Powder Brows?
Wait 24 to 48 hours after powder brows before applying makeup on top of the treated area. This will allow the pigment to be fully set and the skin to heal correctly. After this waiting period, you can apply makeup as usual, but use a clean brush or applicator to avoid infection.