Eyeliner tattoo aftercare is a very important aspect of the whole procedure. For long-term satisfaction with eyeliner tattoos, clients must need to follow the eyeliner tattoo aftercare rules that will be given by their artists or technicians.
Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare
Artists should provide aftercare instructions for eyeliner tattoos on how to properly care for newly tattooed eyelids. It is very important to strictly follow the aftercare instructions for great final results. They assure healthy and successful healing as soon as possible.
Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare Last
The healing process after tattoo eyeliner lasts about 4 to 6 weeks, but do not have to follow the aftercare routine for that long. The eyeliner tattoo aftercare lasts about 10 days. It depends on some factors just like tattooed eyeliner last. After that, don’t need to follow aftercare instructions anymore, but should stay away from eye makeup for about 5 to 7 days more.
Basic Rules of Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare
Here is a list of the basic rules, you should always bear in mind.
- Do not rub or scratch or even touch the treated area.
- Must clean the treated area with a Q-tip dipped into sterile water.
- Avoid eye makeup, especially mascara, for 2 weeks.
- Avoid sun exposure, sweating, saunas, working out, and also swimming pools.
- Away from facials, botox, or any other makeup treatments for at least 1 month.
- Must use a clean pillow and do not sleep on your face.
If you want to read more about the permanent eyeliner healing process. Click the following
Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare Types
There are 2 types of permanent eyeliner aftercare routines are as.
1. Dry Healing Aftercare
Dry healing implies cleaning the treated area every couple of hours on the day 1st and 2nd, and then not putting anything and keeping it fully dry until the flaking stage is over, so for about 8 to 10 days. This aftercare routine is usually for clients with oily skin.
2. Wet Healing Aftercare
In wet healing, gently clean the treated area regularly every couple of hours with a cotton pad and then apply a prescribed aftercare ointment. But apply a very thin layer of ointment, so the wound can still inhale.
Eyeliner Tattoo Aftercare Entail
Aftercare rules can determine the success of the procedure. Clients must follow the aftercare instructions given by their artists. Here are the dos and don’ts of the permanent eyeliner aftercare process.
- Clean the treated area with a cotton pad with water every couple of hours.
- Avoid water contact, do not get the area wet.
- Do not apply any product to the treated area for at least 15 days.
Not To Do
- Avoid swimming and hot water baths
- Do not peel scabs or pick them.
- No excessive sweating, sun exposure, and exercise.
- Avoid chemical peeling and any makeup or laser treatment for 1 month.
Proper aftercare is very essential for achieving maximum effects. The aftercare for eyeliner tattoos comes in 2 types – dry and wet and they are all short, easy, and simple. Must try to follow aftercare rules as closely as possible in order to stay healthy and safe, and to achieve the great possible results. If people don’t happy with the final result there are many safe ways of eyeliner tattoo removal.
FAQ’s About Permanent Eyeliner
Here Are Some Questions That People Mostly Asked About Permanent Eyeliner.
1. What are the stages of permanent eyeliner healing?
These are the following permanent eyeliner healing stages:
- The immediate or initial phase: This phase typically lasts for the first 24-48 hours after the permanent eye liner procedure. During this time, the eyeliner will appear darker and bolder than the final result. Swelling, redness, and slight bleeding may occur.
- The healing phase: This phase typically lasts for around 7-14 days. During this time, the permanent eyeliner tattoo will begin to lighten and soften in colour. Some scabbing or flaking may occur as the skin heals.
- The final phase: This phase typically lasts for around 2-4 weeks. During this time, the colour of the eyeliner will settle and any remaining scabbing or flaking will subside. The final result should be visible at this point.
2. Are There Any Risks Associated With Eyeliner Tattoo Healing?
There are risks associated with tattoo eyeliner healing, including infection, allergic reactions, and scarring.
3. Why Did My Eyeliner Tattoo Fade After A Week?
There could be several reasons why an eyeliner tattoo would fade after just one week. Some possibilities include:
- Inadequate pigment: If the tattoo artist used a low-quality or diluted pigment, the tattoo may not have had enough colour to hold up over time.
- Improper technique: If the tattoo artist did not properly apply the pigment or use the right needle depth, the tattoo may not have been able to penetrate the skin deep enough to hold up.
- Poor aftercare: If the tattoo was not properly cared for after the procedure, such as not avoiding excessive sun exposure or not keeping the area clean and moisturized, it may have faded more quickly.
- Allergic reaction: It is possible that you may have an allergic reaction to tattoo ink.
4. How Often Do I Need To Touch-Up My Permanent Eyeliner?
The frequency of touch-up appointments for permanent makeup aftercare can vary depending on several factors, including the technique used, the skill of the technician, and the individual’s lifestyle and skin type. On average, touch-up appointments are recommended every 1-3 years to maintain the desired shape and colour. However, it is best to consult with the technician who performed the initial procedure for specific recommendations.
5. Can I Wear Contact Lenses After Getting Permanent Eyeliner?
Generally, it is recommended to wait a few weeks after getting permanent eyeliner tatoo before wearing contact lenses, as the eyes may be more sensitive during the healing process. It’s also essential to ensure that your contacts fit comfortably and that your eyes are not irritated after you start wearing them again.